Dr. Michael Crawford
I am a father of twin boys. I enjoy Sailing, Skiing and other outdoor activities. I play Duplicate Bridge once per week. I enjoy the challenge of difficult and delicate surgery, and I am proficient at advanced laparoscopic surgery.
University of NSW
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery M.B.B.S., (1992)
FRACS (1999), M.Med.(Clin.Epi) U.Syd. (2005)
The NSW Medical Board.
- Hepatobiliary Surgery,
- Laparoscopic Surgery,
- Liver Transplant Surgery &
- Obesity Surgery.
- International Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association (IHPBA)
- ANZ Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association (ANZHPBA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Gastro-enterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Obesity Surgery Society of ANZ (OSSANZ)
- ANZ Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
Current Appointments (Public Hospital):
- Visiting Medical Officer (Department of Upper GI Surgery and Department of Transplant Surgery),
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Camperdown NSW
Private Hospital Visiting Rights:
- The Mater Hospital (Crows Nest) NSW
My particular interests are:
- Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Band Surgery for Obesity.
- Surgery of the Liver, pancreas and bile duct.
- Liver Transplantation.